
This past Monday, I was finally taken off the "new kid" list at work. They have hired a new employee in my department. I work for a state department of health in the role of public health nurse surveyor. I came to the job with 38+ years of nursing experience, 10 of those in the home health and hospice field. I was the Clinical Director. It was a hard, demanding job. In retrospect, it now appears relatively simple in comparison to my current position.
I'm sure that on today, her 2nd day on her new job, she is feeling a little overwhelmed by the enormous amount of paperwork involved, all the reading and watching of computer learning programs put out by the CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services). I want to offer her help and hope that this blog will eventually be incorporated into the orientation and training program in my state. (Please note that I am not mentioning which state I live in so I don't worry them.)
What you will find within the pages of this blog will be help, encouragement, and hope. After a year on this job, I can tell you it has been the most difficult job I have ever had in my experience. And I've done it all.:) But you will find we are a close group. We only see each other 2-3 times a year usually, but each of us would do anything for the other. We have developed a multitude of helpful aids and shortcuts, ways to increase time management, and otherwise handle this job that I will share with you during the next few months. For now, welcome and best of luck!

Becca,
ReplyDeleteWith some work this will be a wonderful resource to your fellow employees. I am sure you have a wealth of knowledge to share. MAT
Becca:
ReplyDeleteThis blog can be of a lot of help to your coworkers. It could be a great tool for them to revisit when they have questions as the information you would provide will help them through.
Betsy
Becca,
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me of looking up at Denali in Alaska.